Equifax Data Breach Settlement: What to Know About the Payout | InvestorPlace
Equifax data breach settlement news for Monday includes some details that are of interest.
Here’s what we know so far about the Equifax data breach settlement.
- The credit reporting agency is going to spend up to $425 million to help people affected by the data breach.
- However, those hit by the data breach aren’t able to file a claim must yet.
- That also means it still tough to figure out how much each person can get back from the Equifax data breach settlement.
- What we do know is the types of payments that will be sent out to those affected.
- This includes up to $20,000 for hours worked dealing with the fallout of the data breach.
- This figure comes from a maximum of 20 hours at $25 per hour worked dealing with the data breach issue.
- Other factors include money spent on identity protection services and other costs.
- Another benefit of the Equifax data breach settlement include a possible $125 payment for those that already have identify protection services.
- Anyone that doesn’t is able to get free identity protection as one of the benefits of the settlement.
- This can include free credit monitoring for 10 years.
- The option is longer for minors that may have been affected by the data breach.
- There is also an option for those affected to receive free identity restoration for a minimum of seven years.
You can learn more about the Equifax data breach settlement by following this link.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.
Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, https://investorplace.com/2019/07/equifax-data-breach-settlement-details/.
©2019 InvestorPlace Media, LLC
Subscriber Sign in
Not Yet a Premium Subscriber?