Iamgold (TSE: IMG) has announced the remaining assays from the Nelligan joint venture gold project 60 km south of Chibougamau, Quebec. The project is owned and operated 51% by Iamgold, and the remaining 49% belongs to Vanstar Mining Resources.
The 2019 delineation drill program included 28 holes totaling 10,558 metres.
Highlights of the results from the Renard zone include:
- Hole NE-19-126: 34.5 metres grading 1.75 g/t gold, including 7.0 metres grading 4.69 g/t and 20.8 metres grading 1.54 g/t;
- Hole NE-19-134: 25.0 metres grading 1.19 g/t gold and 14.0 metres grading 2.26 g/t, including 4.0 metres grading 5.92 g/t 59.0 metres grading 0.90 g/t, including 2.5 metres grading 5.02 g/t;
- Hole NE-19-138: 123.7 metres grading 1.26 g/t gold, including 8.5 metres grading 4.25 g/t;
- Hole NE-19-145: 50.2 metres grading 1.82 g/t gold, including 0.9 metre grading 20.5 g/t;
- Hole NE-19-146: 30.6 metres grading 2.87 g/t gold, including 1.5 metre grading 24.4 g/t;
- Hole NE-19-147: 45.7 metres grading 0.84 g/t gold and 25.5 metres grading 1.92 g/t, and 24.0 metres grading 1.09 g/t, and 21.3 metres grading 3.41 g/t, including 1.5 metres grading 39.10 g/t; and
- Hole NE-19-149: 17.3 metres grading 5.50 g/t gold and 31.2 metres grading 1.03 g/t.
Iamgold senior VP exploration Craig MacDougall said a resource estimate is expected by the end of the year. And there is potential to expand mineralization as the Renard zone remains open at depth and to the west along strike.
(This article first appeared in the Canadian Mining Journal)